Welcome to Healing Heart Counseling in Shreveport, Louisiana. We offer multi-denominational Christian counseling, celebrating with over 30 years of excellence. We invite you to browse our website and contact us if you would like to schedule an appointment.
- Seven Ways God uses AdversityJesus told us in the book of John to expect trouble, but often times we are caught off guard by adversity, believing the lie that if I love and serve God, I can expect a trouble free life. However, adversity is not always bad and certainly does not go without benefits. Scripture offers several encouragements… Read more: Seven Ways God uses Adversity
- GriefGrief can be described as the deep mental anguish experienced after significant loss, usually the death of a beloved person. Let’s look at this definition carefully. First, grief is emotional agony. It’s like being in extreme physical pain except it is experienced mentally and emotionally. Notice that it is different than sadness. We will experience… Read more: Grief
- Depression WebinarHere is a webinar about depression with Justin Haigler, pastor of the Simple Church. Click here to view the webinar on depression
- The Men’s MeetingThe Men’s Meeting @ the Healing Heart Counseling Center. This meeting will provide you with over a month of counseling in one day, at around half the cost of individual/marital sessions. Please call the office to register @ 318-222-6800. WHERE: The meeting will be held in Marty Miller’s office where I normally meet with… Read more: The Men’s Meeting
- Couples Therapy / Marriage CounselingNeed help with your relationship? Are conflicts resulting in destructive patterns, or withdrawal and the “silent treatment”? All couples have fights, it’s how you go about conflict that can be either destructive or constructive. Every serious relationship will enter the “power struggle” stage. The good news is there are healthy ways to get through… Read more: Couples Therapy / Marriage Counseling